Basically, it is just to encourage and challenge yourself to read this summer...whether it be one book, a stack of magazines you've been meaning to get to, or just to finish a book you started a year ago and still have the bookmark at page 20. Also, by blogging or making a comment about the book(s) you're reading it might spur others to check it out as well. Can't hurt, right?
Want to join me? Go sign up on Rebekah's blog.
So, here's my goal: I plan to read 3 books for the summer. When I type that in it doesn't sound like a lot but for me right now it's a nice challenge to reach.

I've been reading a series by Beverly Lewis called Abram's Daughters. I'm on the last book in the series called Revelation.
Abram's Daughters introduces readers to an Old Order family, a close-knit community and a devout people whose way of life and faith in God is as timeless as their signature horse and buggy.
Set against the backdrop of post-World War II, this compelling saga spans three generations of a Lancaster County Amish family. Abram Ebersol and his devoted wife are raising four courting-age daughters on a firm foundation of Plain tradition, and they expect their girls to carry on that heritage by joining the church and making a covenant with God.
But the "running-around" years known as rumschpringe are often a time of sowing wild oats. Each of Abram's daughters, choosing her own path, must come to terms with the Old Ways of thinking and living. And sometimes that path has detours and forks in the road with unknown destinations....
Happy Reading!

Hi Marianne! So glad you're going to join the reading challenge this summer :)
ReplyDeleteI must confess, I have all three of the Abram's Daughters books on my shelf, given by my mother for birthday gifts & such, and I have never read them! Perhaps one of them should be part of my personal summer challenge... I actually have about 10 books she's given me that I haven't read yet - eeek!