When I was pregnant with Noah, I had a friend I worked with who was also pregnant with her little boy, Samuel. Erica and I had a great time sharing stories about our pregnancies and making sure whatever weird thing we were experiencing at the time was "normal."
Samuel is now a beautiful, growing boy full of energy and love and is almost a year old! I share about Erica and Samuel because while Samuel is all of the things I described him to be, he is also a little boy who suffers from cystic fibrosis. Below is a little bit of Samuel's story. If you feel led to sponsor Erica and her family in the GREAT STRIDES event mentioned there is a link in this post. They also appreciate all prayers lifted up on their behalf. If you have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment.
Samuel was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis just 2 weeks after he was born. Thanks to newborn screening in Arizona, we were able to get a head start on his treatment.
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending the quality of life for those with CF. However, we continue to lose precious lives to CF every day. That's why your help is needed now more than ever to ensure that a cure is found sooner - rather than later.
This year, I'm walking in the GREAT STRIDES walk at the Phoenix/Tempe - Kiwanis Park walk on April 25, 2009. Please help me meet my fund-raising goal of $1,500 by sponsoring me. Your generous gift will be used efficiently and effectively, as nearly 90 cents of every dollar of revenue raised is available for investment in vital CF programs to support research, care and education.
Making a donation is easy and secure! Just visit my Great Strides home page and find the "Click to Donate" button to make a donation that will be credited to my team. Any amount you can donate is greatly appreciated!
To learn more about CF and the CF Foundation, visit www.cff.org.
With love,
Erica Kelley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment