Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sewin' weekend


Well, my hubby went backpacking today and is gone overnight so I decided to stay up late and break out the sewing machine to make a baby gift for a friend. I have tons of girly fabrics, from Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom line, that have been waiting to get used and a new baby girl seemed like the perfect excuse.

I looked in the stores for the cloth diapers I use for Noah but all of the ones I found were really rough...so I decided to go a different route and use some terry cloth I already had. Not sure what I think but it turned out okay. I do think next time around I'll embroider a little something to spice it up even more. I'm also hoping to applique a little onesie to go along with the burp cloth.

With the weather starting to cool down I've decided to bring out the knitting. I grabbed some cheap yarn I had around the house to re-teach myself since it's been awhile. I'm hoping to get the yarn I mentioned earlier and make a yummy blanket to snuggle under this winter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...