Today I was so blessed by getting to worship at church and Noah actually staying in the nursery the entire time! I can't tell you how long it has felt that I've gotten to go and actually be "present" at church.
Several years ago, shortly after my husband and I had gotten married, we received notice that my husband's employer was going to do a massive lay-off, and unless we took a transfer we would be among those people. We both remember attending church that weekend and the significance of a simple song by Matt Redman that still brings tears to my eyes when I hear it. I love the reminder of its' message. Today at church that song seemed so fitting for me and all of life's happenings in the world today. I hope these lyrics below might bless you today as much as they did me. Blessed be HIS name.
Blessed Be Your Name
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your Name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your Name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the Name of the Lord
Blessed be Your Name
Blessed be the Name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious Name
Blessed be Your Name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your Name
Blessed be Your Name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
You give and take away
You give and take away
But my heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your Name
I'd love to hear what your favorite worship song is. Send me a comment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah for Noah! J How's favorite song at the moment is ... The Sky Song. Or as the song really says ... "Lord on High" ... but he sings "In the sky." We'll work on it!
ReplyDeleteI have to pick just one? I LOVE "Friend of God" and "You are Great"...you do miracles so great, there is noone else like you... These are 2 of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteThis posting started my morning on the right foot. THANKS. DJ
ReplyDelete