
Do you ever have those projects that you started months ago, perhaps even years ago, and wonder why you never finished them...then once you pick it up and start it again all of the reasons why you quit the first time come flooding back? These pillows are that type of project for me. It isn't that they were hard to do. I just sort of lost the motivation, the thread had gotten tangled on one part of it and my taste had started to change for the fabric I had picked to use.
Today I was determined to finish them. So while Noah was napping I sat at my machine and went full steam ahead. I think they turned out decent. Decent enough for the front room with my orange curtains and light blue floor rug. I do have a confession to make and I'm sure it is most likely a sewing sin. I was so anxious to finish the project that after stuffing the pillow in I refused to hand sew it closed...so up it went under my sewing machine to finish it off. Gasp...I know.
You can find the pattern I used free here.

Love them! I made 2 pillows last night too! Ran out of steam after making them. I still need to sew them up ... I guess I'll save the hand stitching for the 5 hours of Olympic coverage tonight!
ReplyDelete