Saturday, August 30, 2008

Getting my feet wet

So, I've been absent for awhile. What have I been up to?

For starters...I've been learning "The Drugstore Game." If you've never heard of it you must check it out, or ask me more about it. I'm just now really understanding how it all works and thought I'd get my feet wet this weekend by checking out some of the deals. I've vowed to give this a try for 3 months to see if I can make a go of it and make it work for our family. I'm excited about the opportunity to save money as well as give freebie extras to friends and families in need! I'll have to keep you posted on how it goes. Here is a picture of the items I received for FREE this weekend. Yes, FREE! In addition to these items I got paid $3 for buying them and also received a coupon for a free toothbrush. All of that for about 30 minutes of my time.

I've also been busy playing with and learning how to use my new camera (got an awesome deal). Exciting! I had been saving for quite awhile for this baby. I can't wait to take some memorable photos of our family as well as use it in conjunction with my upcoming business venture (I'll have to tell you more about that a little later). If you have any camera advice...please share!

My "studio" was moved once my son was born to make room for his nursery. Ever since then I've had to set up a table in our entryway when I've wanted to sew. We finally put our heads together and came up with this idea for our little nook in the dining area. It's not my ideal space but will work just fine. I can't wait to give it a little character and organize it a bit. Oh, and notice I got to use my green color on the shelves! I'll have to take a photo of the finished product once we get there.

2 comments:

  1. Nice camera! What kind did you get? We are curious because we just got a new camera as well, (Cannon Digital Rebel XT) and we're still trying to figure it out! (Jacob is, mostly). You'll have to share tips, as this is a new world for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay (Dikes) LarsenSeptember 12, 2008 at 5:48 PM

    I'm gonna to try the Drug Store game. Did you do it again this week?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...