Thursday, September 8, 2011

10 on Tuesday

I've seen other bloggers do a "10 on Tuesday" approach and thought I'd give it a whirl as a simple way to say what has been going on. Actually, I thought I'd give it a whirl on Tuesday and forgot to publish it. So here is my 10 on Tuesday Thursday. Sometimes it might be interesting, sometimes not.

1. We had a nice Labor Day weekend. We took a day trip to my aunt and uncle's place off of a lake to spend the afternoon with family. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE being able to visit family just for the day and come back and sleep in our own beds. *Bliss*

2. Little Miss is a hitter. This threw me off-guard since her brother never was, however, her brother never had someone taking his things. So, she hits out of frustration when he takes what she has, or what she wants. Or if you tell her no. Sigh. We're working on it.

3. Can I get an Amen for the awesome weather we've been having? Nice weather is the simplest form of motivation.

4. I had been looking for a devotional to do with the kids in the morning at breakfast. We read the Bible story books and such but I wanted something with more discussion questions. We have been using Five-Minute Devotions for Children and are really enjoying it. I'm amazed at the end of the day N can tell his daddy what he learned that morning from it.

5. Have I mentioned we're going to be moving again? I haven't? Well, we are. We're not moving towns, just houses. It's a long story but I do believe God has a plan and so we'll be moving into a different rental house at the end of September. I'm looking forward to the nicer yard, bigger kitchen and overall larger living space for the kids. I am not looking forward to the actual move though. Ugh.


6. Hmmm....I wonder if I can come up with 10 things to say?

7. Our big boy starts his first night of Awana tomorrow at our church. I'm excited to see him in his little vest he'll wear. Hopefully it will be covered in patches by the end of the year! I'm just now realizing I've never sewn a patch on before. Wonder if I'll need to know how to do that. Guess I could always be the mom who glues it on or I've even heard of them being stapled before -- I won't go that far.


8. I am coming up on 23 weeks of being pregnant. Over halfway there!

9. Something I find a little humorous is that when we're out with both of the kids we often get asked if they are twins, even though they are two years apart.

10. This weather makes me anxious to light my pumpkin candle and put up a fall wreath. Not too long from now!

1 comment:

  1. Moving???!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new place. There is a mom at our Awana who goes from room to room and sews on the patches!! Love that! The little Miss at our house is a it of a screamer. Something her bros never did!!! And I thought the third chid would br the easiest! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...