Sunday, January 9, 2011

He Knows My Name

Well, my photos from this past week are still on the camera so I don't have any to share. Perhaps tomorrow? But don't think you're going home empty-handed.

To be completely honest, through this whole moving ordeal, separation of our family and trying to sell our home, sometimes I get weary and really tired of praying about it. The thing is, I believe God is who He says He is and that He can "do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine..." (Ephesians 3:20), but lately I find more comfort sitting in silence with God instead of praying through my "request list" with Him. That's probably what He wants anyway, right?

The song, "He Knows My Name" by Tommy Walker, says what I haven't been able to. When I sit quietly waiting for answers, these words remind me of what I already know and brings me so much relief. Isn't it a relief to know He knows your name without you telling Him. Or all of the struggles, big or small, you might be going through?

I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch the video and read the lyrics to this beautiful song. And worship our Maker with me, because He knows your name.



Lyrics by Tommy Walker
I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in his hands

I have a Father
He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

1 comment:

  1. Love that song. Love your family. I am not a fan of silence (I'm an answers sort of girl) ... but what great peace that He does know our name and does use silence to trigger our eyes towards Him ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...