Monday, December 13, 2010

So, God...whatcha thinkin'?

That is the question I ask every.single.day. when no one has come to look at our house, even though I’ve left is sparkling clean for buyers. Or when I’m talking to my husband on the phone, instead of having him next to my side. Or when my littlest comes downstairs calling for her daddy.

And when I’m quiet, I hear Him.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 9:11)

But God, how long will this last?

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him… (Psalm 37:7)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

How do we know we’ll be okay?

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to His heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young. (Isaiah 40:11 NLT)

What are we supposed to be learning from this?

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. (James 1:2-3)

And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (Romans 1:3-5)

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

How do we know what decisions to make?

“The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.” (Psalm 37:23 NLT)

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (James 1:5)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God (Philippians 4:6)


What now?

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NLT)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)


Okay, Lord. I get it.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

2 comments:

  1. Such great reminders! We are praying for you all and for the quick sale of your home ... as soon as the horrendous goo is gone from our family (all 5 of us have it) .... you can drop off your kiddos and have a few hours to yourself :) Or just come have conversation! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging post! I hope your home sells quickly so you can be reunited as a family.

    These verses were a great reminder to me. I am currently waiting on God for something and getting quite impatient. Thanks for blessing me!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...