
He shows every expression on his face, which his daddy has so kindly reminded he gets from me. He is as sweet as pie and tries to remember to use his manners at all times. He’s a boy. A bouncing, growing boy with tons of energy that makes me long for a big backyard to send him out to. He carries a blankie and a train or car that must go with him everywhere, even if it’s just to walk five feet to us to have a chat. He’s a little ocd. Apparently the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree. He’s a picky eater, and if you ask him what he wants for any meal, his automatic answer will be "butter jelly." He has the best smile. I often get told how unbelievably happy our children are.

He’s Mr. Social out in public. Almost to the point of embarrassment, while I’m explaining to him we don’t have to converse with everyone all of the time. And he gets louder if they don’t say hi back to him. So make sure to say hi. He gets excited about anything new and his curiosity is overwhelming. His latest thing to say is, “I know, but why?”

He loves letters and can tell you the sound each one makes. If his sister is crying he often sings to her to try to make her feel better. Granted, it's usually something like the ABC song but it's cute all the same. He knows all the rules and will make sure you are following them. However, they apparently do not apply to him. He'll admit when he's done something wrong. We're usually shocked at the admittance and have to shield our faces from having him see us crack a smile.

I love that he looks like his daddy. A man I love and admire. He's never had his hair cut, although I think we're due for a trim now that he's 3. He still wants to be carried sometimes, and when he wants you to pick him up, he'll ask you to "take care of Noah." In the morning he comes to our room for a snuggle. It makes it all worth it when he lays down, puts his arm around me and whispers, "I love you mommy."
Today my baby boy is 3. He has stolen my heart.

0 comments:
Post a Comment