Saturday, December 4, 2010

More Christmas fun

Oh boy, do I seem to be dragging this week. However, this one always seems to make my days a little brighter.

And I have no idea what led to my temporary lack in judgement to purchase $1 window clings but I did, and I'm sort of glad about it. I really don't care for these types of things, but they've kept little man busy which means quiet for mama. Which means money well spent, even if it means my windows are ugly.

We've continued on with our advent calendar this week.

Day 4 was hot chocolate night. We made homemade marshmallows earlier in the day to dunk into our hot chocolate at night. Yum.

I did the beginning steps of boiling the sugar while the kids were napping. Very smart.

And had N help me coat them in the powdered sugar.

I wish I had thought ahead to package the marshmallows up to share with friends. This plate is only half of what exists.

Mmmm.


Making marshmallow tips
*Expect to have a sticky mess to clean up when you're finished.
*Don't forget to put the vanilla in toward the end of beating the mixture. I didn't. But I almost did. Whew.
*If you have a kitchenaid mixer, use it. I don't know why I didn't. Instead, I chose a hand mixer. And while I was using the mixer and reading the directions, I realized I was going to need to be standing there mixing it for 12 minutes. Nice.
*Put something to catch the drips from the mixer when you're done with it and the bowl is no longer under it. If you don't, you will have a nice, sticky countertop like me.
*Do not lick the spatula or bowl after you're through. It does not taste good like cookie dough. Promise.


And it's a good thing I've got my running shoes on lately because I've been introducing the kids to these mint Oreos.

Day 5 was making reindeer cards to deliver to friends. N loved getting to put his thumbs in ink to make the face. Don't look too closely at the reindeer with the nose above his eyes.

Due to the excess amount of marshmallows we have, Day 6 was smores night...

...and reading The Night Before Christmas.

On the agenda for today. Singing Christmas carols.

And with bells nonetheless.

And while some ate the bells, others decided to pretend to fall asleep. Yes, apparently my singing is that good.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE all your Christmas activities!! You seem to be doing well with just you and the kiddos. Hey we have the same nativity set some friends gave us the other day! Seriously love that thing and so does Hayley. She carries the baby Jesus everywhere now. And beware of gel clings. My mom sent us some and not only are they ugly....they stain!! Hayley put them on D's door, and stained the white paint. Nice. They are in the trash now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...