Monday, December 19, 2011

Sound the Alarm! Happy 4th Birthday!

Last week we celebrated our little boy turning 4. He's been talking about turning 4 for awhile so this was a big day for him. I really like the idea of doing an activity together as a family to celebrate our birthdays, and N is in love with fire trucks lately, so instead of a big party we opted to set up a tour of the local fire station with friends, followed by a family party at home later that night. I was excited Lucas was able to join us for the tour as well since it was a work day.

I'm not going to lie, I do love throwing a party though. I love all of the details of a party. So even though we were doing something low key and getting a few friends together for the tour, I did end up putting together some cupcakes to send home with everyone as a little favor.
We also wanted to do something to thank the fire men and women for all that they do. I made a batch of this yummy popcorn to take to them. Seriously good.
I wish I had been able to capture N walking around holding the fireman's hand. It was adorable. They walked hand-in-hand while N asked what everything was on the fire truck and was awe struck by everything he was told. I love having him get to know real life heroes.

Little Miss enjoyed the tour as well.

The birthday boy had the opportunity to get a print out of his heart rate while being shown around the ambulance that had just come in.

Holding their ears while the siren goes off.

The group. How adorable are they?

Buddies.

These two are like two peas in a pod. What a great morning.

We set up the kitchen for our little family party after dinner. N had waited patiently all day to get to dig into his presents.

A couple of the gifts.

The big gift this year was N's first big boy bike. We had been planning to get him one anyway but it was really exciting for him since it was the one thing he had been asking for. We had taken him around to several shops to get an idea of what he liked and this Radio Flyer bike is the one he kept clinging to. I'm glad I was able to snag it on sale before the holiday rush.

It's hard to believe we put four candles on a cupcake this year. I'm so thankful to God for this little boy who made me a mommy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...