

We have managed to work in a cookie exchange and Sunday School Christmas party to help celebrate the season which was a ton of fun. I am feeling very blessed and thankful this year to feel apart of a church family again after moving and to have activities to look forward to going to with friends.

Here's our two cuties before church one morning.






I used this recipe for the first time and I don't think I'll ever use anything else again.


If you like the soft, thick sugar cookies with frosting sold at places like Wal-Mart that are about 1,000 calories per cookie...you'll love these. And thank me later.



Being pregnant during Christmas time, again, always makes me even more aware of some of what Mary went through. Riding on a donkey while 9 months pregnant would put anyone in labor, I am sure. I think I could go into labor just riding in a car on a bumpy road. And the responsibility put on Joseph to find a place for their baby to be born. Stressful. And yet God chose such a humble place for His Son to be brought to earth. Born in a lowly manger. Amazing.
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6
No matter what your circumstance. May you feel the peace of Him this Christmas. Merry Christmas to you from the Johnsons.

0 comments:
Post a Comment