Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To the movies we go

One thing that has been great about my husband's job is that he has every other Friday off. It's nice to be able to take those days to do family activities at places that might otherwise be more packed if we were to go over the weekend.

We had been getting the kids excited about going to see their first movie in the theater, Winnie the Pooh. There really haven't been any movies we've felt comfortable taking the kids to go see so I was thrilled to see this was coming to theaters and thought it'd be a fun outing for our family.

I thought it'd be fun to make little movie bags for the kids and fill it with candy and some bean bag Winnie the Pooh characters I had found. I tried to keep it simple by using bags I already had and just printed off the image and taped it to the bag.
I also found some images online to print on iron-on transfer paper for their shirts.
The t-shirts were a hit. Sister calls it Winnie the Poop.

I knew we probably only had a limited amount of time before sister started to get antsy so I'm very thankful we had brought goodies to keep her entertained. My poor husband had her on his lap the entire time and you should have seen both of them after she was finished eating the m&ms. I died laughing when I saw them after the movie with chocolate all over her face, hands and both of their clothes.
It was a sweet little movie. Great for a 3 and 1-year old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...