Monday, May 2, 2011

Photo overload

I really want this blog to tell a story. More for my own personal journal-keeping purposes really. So be prepared for quite the overload of photos you're about to encounter. And for once in my life, I didn't get too chatty!

We've been trying to find a lot of things to keep us busy these days. Here is little miss playing our new game trying to catch the butterflies Elefun.
When we moved into our rental house we noticed a duck sitting on a nest near our front door. We've been watching her daily to try to see when those ducklings hatch.
It's fun to watch her leave the nest and when she comes back she stands in one place for awhile, making sure nothing sees her climb back into her nest. (Note added: Later today I went out to get the mail and looked at where she normally sits on the nest. She was gone and the eggs were cracked. It doesn't look like they hatched so I have no idea what happened???)
These two play like a brother and sister. It's all love one minute and "mine" the next. I do love it when they make each other laugh and play chase around the house.
This one has big personality.
This is how we get our exercise these days. And if one wants up on daddy's back, they both do.
Yes, she has big personality, but she is also very sweet.
We had a quiet Easter here at home.
I'm not sure what made me think letting the littlest participate in the egg dunking was a good idea. She was stained green for the night. And so was I.
You can see where M ended up after her dunking incident and getting frustrated she couldn't eat the eggs.
The finished product.
Easter is our time as Christians to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That will always remain the focus for our family, however we also have enjoyed letting the kids have baskets the past two years.
I had purchased a few items over the last couple of months that I set aside for their baskets. (Target $1 bins are great!) And I'm a big fan of new books for spring/summer.
There really isn't a good place to take family photos in our rental house, and it was pouring outside...so I set up the tripod, we huddled in front of the door and begged the kids not to move.
They really are sweet kids and I'm so thankful for them.

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit sad about the duck and her eggs. Love all the picsIII I can see you and L in the expressions on N and M's face when they are reading! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...