Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Noah Hits the Big One!

Having a child's birthday around Christmas can pose an interesting challenge in the party department. Since it was Noah's first birthday, I felt I could get away with having a Christmas-themed birthday party to celebrate. I wanted to embrace the fact that Christmas decorations were everywhere and the holiday spirit was already in the air.

For all of the communication pieces, I tried to keep them simple and consistent with one another. I printed the front and back of this invite on my home printer. And I think the brown envelope adds a nice touch.

The food was easy as we just ordered pizza and had snack items available.

And who could forget the homemade cupcakes topped with icing and sprinkles?

I had printed some winter coloring pages from a free site I had found online to keep the kids busy. I'm a rookie at throwing children's parties but I'm no dummy when it comes to knowing they can get bored easily!

I also set out a little table for the kids to decorate gingerbread men and Christmas trees. Yum!

Santa was due to arrive at 1p.m. We had a good friend with a costume and he did such a great job. Some of the kids did great...


...others did not.

We ended the day with a party favor treat bag filled with chocolate-dipped pretzels for the families. I found these cute bags from the $1 bin at Target.

The thank you cards were also printed from my home computer. Inside each card is the child's photo with Santa to remember. I didn't want to write on the card that the family might keep so I printed off a little notecard from a 4x6 index card to use.

3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS party!! That Santa looks a little familiar ... anyone I know???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO creative! Again, that Santa picture cracks me up. In fact, I love that face so much, I would have my kid afraid of Santa for the rest of their life from all the exposure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could've been at Noah's party. It really looked like fun. And how creative to have Santa there to have his picture taken with the kids. Lots of thought and detail was put into his party. What a sweet little boy! And such loving parents.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...